Sunday, November 6, 2011

Our Deliverer is coming

My Deliverer- video below

This is a beautiful song by Rich Mullins, who has since passed away.  I hope you'll take a moment and click on the link and watch it.  I had a really bad nightmare last night and I felt a lot better after watching this.  There is so much evil in this world, it can be very discouraging.  But we have a Deliverer, and He is coming.  This world will flash by in the blink of an eye and we will go home, where there will be no more pain or suffering.

Isaiah 41:10: So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am you God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

In the video there are some graphic pictures of suffering.  We all wonder why God allows it?  I'm no theologian, but in this world, if there were no wrongs, how would God ever see what we will do about it?
A word about prayer.
Sometimes it seems like saying, well, I'll pray about this or that seems like a trite response.  But think about it for a moment.  What could be more powerful than asking the God who created the universe to step in and help?  We don't need to be eloquent, just sincere.  He hears our prayers that come from the gut.
If it's a person in our life (rather than an issue) that needs prayer, why not take their hand and pray with them right then and there rather than promising to do it later?  Praying together with someone who needs it is a powerful thing.

My prayer for today:  Father, please reach down and comfort those who are hurting. Let us feel your presence today in all we do.  For those who are being persecuted for their faith, would you reach down and wrap your arms around them and give them the strength to endure, and let them feel your love.  In the name of your son, Jesus, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment