Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Like a mist

Oh, it's been rough. It's amazing how life can go from normal to tragic in the blink of an eye.  I've come so close to losing a close family member....she remains in the Intensive Care Unit on life support.  She's had a large, invasive surgery and won't be out of the woods for a while.  She looks so tiny and helpless lying there with tubes and wires running everywhere; monitors alarming that all is not as it should be.  She's so swollen from all the fluids that she's been given that at first glance her son didn't recognize her for a moment.
She's a wonderful, strong Christian woman who is at peace either way; it's us who she may leave behind that are heartbroken.
It's times like these that faith is what carries me, comforts me, and keeps me putting one foot in front of the other and doing the things that need to be done at a time like this.  Truth is, our lives are like a mist that is here today and gone tomorrow...but what a hope we have in our faith, that we will go on to the arms of our Father.

And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, "Now the dwelling of God is with men, and he will live with them.  They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God.  He will wipe every tear from their eyes.  There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away."- Revelation 21:3-4


Hear my cry, O God; listen to my prayer.
From the ends of the earth I call to you,
I call as my heart grows faint;
lead me to the rock that is higher than I.
For you have been my refuge,
a strong tower against the foe.
I long to dwell in your tent
forever
and take refuge in the
shelter of your wings.
            Selah
-Psalm 61:1-4

And though the days are long and uncertain, I will continue to take refuge in shelter of my Fathers wings.

Wishing you all blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment