Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Looking Forward

One of the great things about being Christian is being sure of where we're going after this life.  It's such a comfort to know that the trials we all go through are a temporary circumstance, and one day we'll see him face to face.  What a day that will be!  We get a glimpse of what it will be like in Revelation 21:3-4   And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, "Now the dwelling of God is with men, and he will live with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God.  He will wipe every tear from their eyes.  There will be no more death or mourning of crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away."
I so look forward to that day!  This current body of mine has quite a few health problems (I have gastroparesis syndrome, and I live with a tube coming out of my stomach.) What a joy it will be to get out of this body and into a perfect one.  I've been ill with this syndrome for ten years and it has taught me a lot, especially patience, but I'll sure be happy to get a new one.

May our Lord Jesus Christ himself and God our Father, who loved us and by his grace gave us eternal encouragement and good hope, encourage your hears and strengthen you in every good deed and work.- 2 Thessalonians 2:16-17

And- Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.- Joshua 1:9

What more could we ask for?


No comments:

Post a Comment