Saturday, February 18, 2012

To God be the Glory

Now to him who is able to do immeasurable more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.-Ephesians:3:20-21

Immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine.  What a promise!  And we don't have to do it ourselves, it is his power working in us.  What a great Father we serve.  Keeping this in mind, we can live with confidence in all our situations.  Recently, one of my closest friends almost died.  Her condition didn't stabilize for some time, and seeing her suffer was awful.  Over these past few weeks I've sent up some desperate prayers.  I learned through this trial that God will give us the strength we need to keep going when we don't feel we have it ourselves.  I thank God that he's chosen to leave her here with us awhile longer, but I also learned that had God  would have taken her home, he would have given me strength to deal with that as well.

The point is: when we are in him, he gives us strength through his power.  And for that, he deserves all the glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment