Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Developing Perseverance Through Trials


2-1-1

Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance.  Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.  If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him.  James 1:2-5

Last night was rough.  But the sun has risen, my faith remains strong, and I thank God that He is helping me right now to grow through these trials. He makes an excellent point; if things were always smooth and easy, then how would we mature?  Not to say that I am, but living faith day by day is not for the faint at heart.
Sometimes I think that the world has this imagine of us as weak people, clinging to a false hope.

Nothing could be further from the truth.  It takes courage to keep on believing, to rejoice in trials, and to continue to share our faith with others.  We have an advantage in this though; it is He who lives within us that gives us this strength, if we only call on Him.  He is a roaring lion, a burning holy fire, all powerful.

Father, today I pray for courage and comfort, for myself and everyone else out there who needs Your strength.
Help us to be warriors for You!  Please guide us, give us the words to say to those who need to hear our message of hope and lead us in the direction you'd have us go.

As usual, I have a song to share: Courageous  It's a great fighting song!

No comments:

Post a Comment