Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Not Alone


standing in the icy sea
suffocating waves washing over me
I can't breathe, too much pain
drenching, pounding, pouring rain
and as I stand here screaming "why"
does anyone even hear my cry?
so alone I seem to be
my head goes under
and I can't see

the urge to fight has somehow gone
there seems to be no way to carry on

give up, give up, I think but instead
I feel someone lifting up my head
and swimming me toward the shore
though I don't want to be there any more
on dry land He lays me down
and with tenderness He says:
"I won't let you drown;
don't you know I'm always here?
I'm the One who will rescue you
My grace covers all you do.
When there is no one else at all
I'm the one who'll break your fall."
shame washes over me for my despair
my doubt, my fear, thinking no one there
human I am, and human I fall
thank you God for the grace that covers all

Father, thank you for getting me through another difficult day.  I would ask you to reach down and
comfort and give courage to those who are going through painful times of their own....including me.

Psalm 130:1 Out of the depths I cry to you, O Lord; O Lord, hear my voice.  Let your ears be attentive
to my cry for mercy.                                  
Psalm 25:20 Guard my life and rescue me; let me not be put to shame, for I take refuge in you.


2 comments:

  1. Thank you! I'm now following your blog and enjoyed what I read. I look forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To those of you who come here, I appreciate any comments.

    ReplyDelete