Monday, November 19, 2012

Heartbreak in Israel


There has been a discernible escalation in rocket fire from the Hamas-controlled Gaza Strip against Israel in recent years, especially in 2012. In 2008, when Israel was left with little choice but to launch “Operation Cast Lead,” rocket fire had reached an all-time high of 1,159 attacks from Hamas and all the other terrorist organizations in Gaza. But in the aftermath of Israel’s operation in late 2008 and early 2009, rocket attacks plummeted in 2010 to 103 in all. Since that time there has been a steady rise: 375 attacks in 2011 and 797 attacks in 2012 (up to November 13). According to the IDF, during Nov. 10-14 there were 217 rocket attacks. “News of Terrorism and the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict” (November 7-13, 2012), Intelligence and Terrorism Information Center, http://www.terrorism-info.org.il/en/article/20423

No nation should stand by and let itself be continually attacked. In addition to the rockets launched from Gaza, how many car bombs have been exploded? How many buses have been blown up?  How many suicide bombers have taken out innocents?  Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu tells it best:
Weapons and weapon launching sites are being stored in Gaza neighborhoods. The IDF faces great challenges in targeting terrorists in urban areas while avoiding harm to non-combatants.
      






A song for the brave soldiers. May God carry them








.

.
"Rahem" is translated here as mercy, but I've also heard it translated as "have compassion."
I pray God will have mercy and compassion on our brothers and sisters in Israel.










The Lord is my light and my salvation- whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life- of whom shall I be afraid?  When evil men advance against me to devour my flesh, when my enemies and my foes attack me, they will stumble and fall. Though an army besiege me, my heart will not fear; though war break out against me, even then will I be confident.- Psalm 27:1-3


The IDF has dispersed warning leaflets above several locations in the Gaza Strip. This video is from Thursday, Nov. 15, over Khan Yunis.

The Arabic leaflet reads: "Important announcement for the residents of the Gaza Strip: For your own safety, take responsibility for yourselves and avoid being present in the vicinity of Hamas operatives and facilities and those of other terror organizations that pose a risk to your safety. Hamas is once again dragging the region to violence and bloodshed. The IDF is determined to defend the residents of the State of Israel. This announcement is valid until quiet is restored to the region. Israel Defense Forces Command."

Father, I lift up your holy land to you in prayer.  Please send peace among the people, comfort those who mourn loved ones lost, and above all, let your will be done.


No comments:

Post a Comment