Saturday, April 28, 2012

My Hope is in You

I hope you liked the video from last week. I've never heard the gospel spelled out quite like that before. I especially liked the ending, where they talk about not being able to accomplish our great commission outside of his strength. The fact that the living, loving Creator of all things is willing not only to save us from our sins, but adopt us as sons and daughters, and willing to come inside us that we can accomplish his will through his strength, not our own, is awesome stuff. 

So there is our hope. We are his greatly loved children, and if we will only give him our hands, feet, voice, he  will work through us in mighty ways! Here's a God story that happened today.

I don't often get over to visit my grandmother, aunt and nephew. Months go by and time seems to race along like a river, I'm doing so many things lately. Anyway, my Aunt had called me and asked me to come and take her to do some things, so I went. We were just talking and visiting when my nephew came in with his friend. He began to tell my aunt that he'd found a great church and had turned his life over to God, and tomorrow he is to be baptized. So I asked what church he'd found and- it's my church! :) Coincidence or God working? Turns out he needs someone to take him to church on Sundays, and I'm currently not taking anyone, so that works out great. And during the conversation, my aunt has decided she wants to start going as well. So now I have two people to pick up! It's an honor to be able to help someone get there. Anyway, Gods timing is always perfect.

To you, O Lord, I lift up my soul; in you I trust, O my God.
Do not let me be put to shame, nor let my enemies triumph over me.
No one whose hope is in you will ever be put to shame, but they will be put to shame who are treacherous without excuse.
Show me your ways, O Lord, teach me your paths; guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long.- Psalm 25:1-5

This video is "My Hope is in You" by Aaron Shust:

 

No comments:

Post a Comment