Saturday, April 21, 2012

My Cardboard Sign

I never thought I'd be on the side of the road with a cardboard sign! I've led an interesting life but that's not something I've ever done before. But on Easter Sunday, I got to stand at the entrance of my church with one. On one side it said "Jesus saves" and when I turned it over, it said "A parking spot for you!" I go to a large church and we get about 15,000 people in over three services on Easter. The police even come help direct traffic, so you can imagine people get a bit frustrated waiting just to turn into the lot. The pastor of the Magdalene Hope ministry I just joined came up with the idea to break the tension. It was a good idea; I had so much fun flipping the sign over and smiling at everyone! Lots of people smiled and waved back, and it was a blessing to me. And as usual we had excellent worship, message and a few surprises thrown in to make the service extra special.
I am so blessed to be able you have such a church to be able to go to! When my pastor speaks, I always learn something new and am encouraged. If you don't attend somewhere regularly, I encourage you to find a good place. It's hard to grow alone.
Then after service as people were all lined up in their cars waiting to go out, I had this sign:


Once again I got to smile and wave at a lot of people as they went out. Normally I'm a pretty shy person but I really had fun.
This song fits for Easter: God's Not Dead by the Newsboys. I love the chorus: "My God's not dead, he's surely alive, living on the inside, roaring like a lion." Our God is like a lion, mighty and strong and through him we can do all things.

It is good to praise the Lord and make music to your name, O Most High, to proclaim your love in the morning and your faithfulness at night- Psalm 92:1-2

Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.-2 Corinthians 4:16-18

Wishing you all blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment