Monday, March 5, 2012

The Canyon

Yesterday was such a beautiful day.  After church, I drove out to the canyon that runs just outside of town and walked along the river.  The rocks were warm with the sun and the water was clear and cool on my fingers.  Overhead I watched a hawk hunting while I lay on my back enjoying the sunshine.  As I walked on I found some big fat raccoon tracks in the sand, and the peacefulness of the place restored me.  Here and there a few little wildflowers put forth their first blooms.  Soon the hills will be full of bright orange California poppies and others; tall purple ones, tiny violets and my favorite: the sunflowers that bloom even along dusty roads.  When I'm out there wandering and enjoying the beauty I can't help but marvel at the creativity of my Father who made it all in such diversity.  This is one of the songs I was listening to and it seemed to fit the day:

He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restores my soul.  He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake.  -Psalm 23:3



I stayed out until the sun finally set behind the hills.   I wish you all peace through this coming week.

No comments:

Post a Comment