Monday, October 24, 2011

Not of This World

Let me tell you, first of all, why I chose this title for my brand new blog.  
When I was 16 and a brand new believer, I went with my youth group on a dusty bus with no radio from Stockton, California all the way down to Mexico.  We had a tape recorder, and one tape.  Not of this World, by Petra, was one of the songs on it.  As many times as we listened to it, I loved the haunting music and lyrics.
I learned a lot on that trip, but most especially that we must maintain a missionary outlook on life all the time, not just an isolated week when that is our assigned task.  The world tends to see us as stereotypes, arrogant, looking down at people.  Show me a person like that and I'll show you a person who is not a Christian.
A Christian follows Christ.  What did Jesus do?  First and foremost he loved.  He healed the sick, he taught the masses, he ministered.  He was never too busy to take a little child on his lap.  This is my journey to follow him, until I go home.  Take a listen:   http://youtu.be/BhPVOyzZBqk

No comments:

Post a Comment