Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Making amends

Today's one of those days.  As soon as I walked in the front door someone said something and I got my feelings hurt.  The person didn't mean to, but now I'm acting like a jerk (although I'm in my room, so I don't think they know it.)  So now what, God? My heart is raw and sore, and I feel like I'm going to cry.  Part of it is that I don't have much self confidence as it is, so it doesn't take much to knock me down.
Okay, so what are the facts?
1. She didn't mean to hurt my feelings.
2.  I'm the one being childish.
Therefore: I'm sorry, God.  I'm in the wrong. Please forgive me and help me to have a better attitude.  In fact, help me to start overcoming this lack of confidence that I have so deeply ingrained.
Better.
Why do I have a low self confidence/esteem?
That's a long and ancient tale.  I bet a lot of you out there have similar ones involving parents that hurt you way down deep.  Part of my blogging here will be to try and deal with these issues once and for all.
Here's the thing, though.  God, who is perfect, loves me.  He loves me just as I am.  It's up to me to learn to love myself.  So, another prayer:
God, please help me to heal.  Thank you in Jesus' name.

No comments:

Post a Comment